The PAG was established to serve the pome fruit industry.
It conducts projects and seminars for the benefit of packhouses.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PAG:
- Stimulate innovation/ testing and introduction of new technologies/adoption of proven technologies
- Identify issues to make industry more competitive – world leaders
- Identify priorities /address industry needs through research
- Address availability of capacity/skills/ education/information dissemination
- Serve as an industry communication forum to producers and stakeholders, including Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF)
- Market/logistics intelligence
FIELDS OF OPERATION INCLUDE:
- Environmental footprint